Sam and Simon kick off the year from a wuthering height (Cape Town summer is hella windy, yo) to discuss their intentions for 2017, and their best discoveries from 2016. Simon also tells us why he's planning to build himself a remote cabin in the woods (with high-speed broadband).
Discussed in this episode:
- Tim Ferris discussing his end of year ritual to focus on the things that actually matter, and making "not to do" lists.
- Scott Adams, How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big.
- Freakonomics Radio podcast,
- A still fascinating 2011 New Yorker profile about that billionaire vampire, Peter Thiel.
- The (like, only) good thing South Africa did in the 80s: voluntarily dismantled our nukes (probably for terrible reasons, but still).
And our favourite things of the year: