Simon and Sam talk about all the things Pokemon Go can teach us about life, why you should beware of weird unlabelled food products, and the virtues of deliberately exposing yourself to things that are bad for you.
Plus! Hear our friend Jono Hall reading out a bit of his short story, first published on our Medium collection, Drippy Fun Times. Send us your stories too!
Things we talk about on this episode:
- How it's weird when old Apartheid generals give you Pokeballs
- The Dresden Files - an RPG that makes real life more fantastical
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris - which, fuckit, we still think is kinda smart
- The Lean Startup by Eric Reis
- Russ Fujioka's fun article about Pokemon and Millenials
- The 2014 April Fool's Day video from Google that gave us a sneak peak of Pokemon Go without us realising
- The Code: Numbers, Shapes and Predictions - a documentary
- I'm a Strange Loop by Douglas Hofstadter
- Gabriel Weinberg's excellent list of Mental Models
- The strange subreddit, "Insightful Squirrel Men"
- The NSFW subreddit, "Library Girls"
- Minitel, France's version of the Internet before the Internet was a thing
- The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber BUT DON'T READ ANY BLURBS JUST READ THE BOOK
- Money From Nothing by Deborah James