We think 2016 could've tried harder. Disheartened as we are, this episode looks at the up and downiness of a strange few months, and whether the world is really getting stupider. We also manage to talk about some productivity stuff.
- Charlie Brooker’s yearly Screenwipe
- Even Kanye is mentally beleaguered
- Le Tigre.
- The Village Square
- Alain de Botton's plan for secular churches
- The World Until Yesterday by Jared Diamond
- Tom Waits stopped drinking a long time ago
- Sushi Go! (the board game)
- Exploding Kittens & Bears vs Babies (the other board games)
- Google Photoscan
- Modernist poetry in general
- Refly Editor
- Collaboration on Keynote
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that, 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'.” -Isaac Asimov