28 July 2015
30 mins 15 secs
About this Episode
One day all humanity is going to be wiped off the face of the planet. What do we do when it does? In this episode, Sam and Simon talk about getting to Mars, doomsday scenarios and the things we want to learn about the world before we all die.
- The Apple watch, and it's one rad feature (sending heartbeats).
- How Slack has finally killed email, through the superpower of PIVOTING.
- What are Bloom Filters, and What is Code, and how we should try to understand the lego blocks that make up our world.
- XKCD 505, and making computers out of rocks.
- Pluto is sexy. The science that got a camera there is even sexier.
- The giant tsunami that's going to wipe out the west of America, and how we can't seem to do anything about doomsday scenarios.
- The dozen different apps Simon uses to try to wrangle his to-do lists.
- What we'd do to get onto Mars-One.
- The Martian by Andy Weir, and Leo Laporte's wonderful interview with him.
- The Sunrise calendar app.
- The great Photoshop versus Sketch debate.
- Sam's new favourite podcast, Mortified podcast.
- Triggerfish's Storylab contest for screenwriters who want to make films about Africa. Which are sorely needed. Because Adam Sandler.