The only thing we can be sure of is that we don't know anything. So, isn't it weird that everyone pretends to be so sure of what they're doing with their life when you meet them at a braai?
This leads Sam and Simon down a conversation rabbit hole involving consciousness, language and how to train your washing machine.
- "Screw Finding Your Passion" - an excellent short read by Mark Manson
- Things boytjies talk about while they're grilling animal flesh over an open flame
- WaitButWhy on how Elon Musk does amazing things
- How to answer the question, "So, what do you do?"
- SelfLife, the religion Simon's kid invented (which is super profound)
- Life in the Mediterranean, and why people live so long in the Blue Zones
- Epicureanism's four principles of happiness (the "Tetrapharmakos")
- Mindfulness and the spectrum of consciousness your own brain is capable of
- The amazing interactive version of Nam Lee's story, "The Boat"
- Join the hunt to find out what happened to the refugee boat that went missing on the Mediterranean, Ghost Boat
- Google's open sourced machine learning project, TensorFlow, also, WTF is machine learning?
- Chomsky on how the brain learns grammar
- Welcome to your Brain by Sandra Aamodt and Sam Wang
This is the washing machine you heard in the background of the episode. That's Simon on the left, Sam on the right, and a creepy demon child that's possessing Simon's flat on the floor.